Industrial wastewater is divided into 2 types:
Domestic wastewater: from officials and employees in the toilet, kitchen, office area, … This wastewater usually contains a number of substances such as cleaning chemicals, microorganisms, bacteria, BOD5, COD, … These are extremely toxic substances that cause a number of diseases: helminths, viruses, diseases related to the respiratory and digestive systems.
Waste water from industrial production process: depending on each manufacturing industry, this waste water composition will have its own characteristics:
- Food industry: BOD, suspended solids, toxic pesticides, growth hormone, material color, acid or alkali, etc.
- Power plants: suspended solids: mercury, lead, chromium, selenium, arsenic, cadmium, or gaseous sulfur, bottom ash and fly ash, etc.
- Iron and steel industry: gasification products: naphthalene, benzene, cyanide, ammonia, phenol, cresols, anthracene, … pollutants: animal fats and oils, solid particles, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, … these are all are substances arising during the firing, manufacturing, cleaning and surface treatment.
- Paper and pulp industry: TSS, BOD, chloroform, furan, dioxin, phenol, COD and suspended solids.
- Industrial oil: Including areas such as car wash, fuel storage, factories, transportation centers, power plants, … Waste water from these areas contains: solvents, oils oily, grit, detergent and hydrocarbon.
To ensure the health and safety of the living environment, from now on, interdisciplinary agencies need to come up with solutions to treat industrial wastewater thoroughly.
Proposing treatment technology plan
Description of work items:
Wastewater treatment tank No. 01: Combined block of air-conditioning, anaerobic compartment, compartment of lack of air, aerobic compartment, disinfection compartment.
– Refined trash box: Waste water after being collected by the drainage network will be mechanically treated by a system of fine trash screens placed in a centralized pump pit. Refined trash box separates the garbage mixed with sewage, to protect the pump. The fine trash box is designed with SUS 304 stainless steel material. However, the solid waste separator has the task of separating garbage smaller than 5 mm from the waste water before flowing into the rear biological tank.
– Air-conditioning compartment: Receiving wastewater, regulating the flow of wastewater.
– Anaerobic compartments: Anaerobic compartments contain anaerobic respiration microorganisms, this microorganism is capable of decomposing complex organic compounds in wastewater into simple organic compounds. To increase the processing efficiency, we use an additional layer of cushioning material as a fixed microorganism substrate to help anaerobic microorganisms to stick and grow on it.
– Prevent air shortage: Prevent air shortage containing microorganisms that lack gas, these microorganisms have the ability to reduce NO3– into molecular nitrogen diffuse into the air. Preventing the lack of air, there is a stirring pump to stir the waste water, helping microorganisms in better contact with wastewater and reduce the phenomenon of sludge settling to the bottom of the tank.
– Aerobic compartment: Aerobic compartment combined with mobile microorganism substrate MBBR: BOD treatment5 in wastewater and nitrite and nitrification process under the action of microorganisms, NH4+ is oxidized to NO3–, increased treatment efficiency when combined with a mobile microbial substrate, reducing the amount of activated sludge to the settling tank. The aerobic compartment has an elliptical pump system to circulate water as well as circulate mud into anoxic tanks.
– Disinfection compartments: Disinfection compartments are added with disinfecting chemicals to help clean the output waste water before being discharged into the environment.
Waste water treatment tank No. 02: Secondary settling block assembly.
– Sedimentation tanks are responsible for sedimentation and water making
Some works use technology
- Khai Quang Industrial Park, Vinh Yen City, Vinh Phuc
- Dimond Industrial Park